AUBURN – Firefighters say heavy flames were coming from the Fairmount Avenue apartment. It happened Saturday morning.
One tenant was burned trying to fight the fire. They were treated on scene and no one else was injured.
“It’s his six-year-old daugheter’s birthday today and if anything is possible to help him out it would be great.” Greg Roberge, Friends with Fire Victim
“I brought down blankets and there was people offering drink to people because there was so much smoke. A lot of people were coughing.” Jennie Hawkes, Neighbor
The state fire marshal says the fire was caused by an unattended candle. Eight people lost their home.
The red cross is now assisting.