BANGOR – The Bangor Fire Department was called to a Cedar Street home for a chimney fire.
Smoke filled the second story of the building. Emergency crews were able to find the source and get the situation under control before things got out of hand.
“If the chimney wasn’t in better shape, this is a claylined chimney that was recently done it could have got out of the chimney and into the home and this is an older home, it probably would have taken a lot of the home with it.” Asst. Chief Dennis Nadeau, Bangor Fire Department
As the weather continues to get colder and more and more people are firing up those home heating systems. Nadeau wants to ensure everyone is safe. “You want to make sure that you maintain your chimneys, sweep em, this is the case here, he just though with the newer stove it wouldn’t put out the emissions to cause creosote, you need to maintain your chimney and sweep em once a year.”