NEW SHARON – A car fire was first reported Tuesday night on the Mercer Road.
State fire marshal’s said 34-year-old Casey Turner was huffing or inhaling fumes Inside of his car.
Officials believe the fire started when fumes from an aerosol can were ignited by a cigarette.
Turner suffered severe burns to his face and hands, but was able to make it out of the car and walk to a neighbors hour for help. He was taken to Maine General Hospital in Augusta where he later died.
Officials found several empty cans of aerosol spray in his car.