ROCKPORT – A man from Rockport is in critical condition Tuesday morning after fire erupted in his home.
Local fire departments were called to the mobile home on Vinal Street around 3:30 a.m. A neighbor spotted the fire and called for help.
The first crews that arrived on the scene found Bruce Fales, 64, outside the home alongside his driveway.
He suffered from smoke inhalation and was rushed to the local hospital before being transported to Maine Medical Center in Portland.
Officials said Fales lived alone and no one else is injured.
State Fire Marshal’s arrived on the scene in the morning to search for a cause of the fire, but because of the amount of damage the source was not immediately determined.