WATERVILLE- Five people are left without a home after a fire tears through a two family residence in Waterville.
It happened just before seven o’clock Saturday night when a lit cigarette was throw into a plastic garbage bin.
The trash can caught fire and destroyed most of the second floor of the building, while the first floor sustained water damage.
Three people were home in the upstairs living area and one was home in the downstairs. All got out safely and have found temporary housing.
Firefighters remind people to wet down ashes before discarding them.