SKOWHEGAN– Several people are left without a home Tuesday night after fire tears through the second and third floors of a Main Street building in Skowhegan.
The Skowhegan Fire Department responded around 5 o’clock Tuesday night.
We’re told the fire started on the second floor, and quickly spread upstairs.
And even with the help of multiple crews, fighting the fire had its challenges.
“This is an old building and the fire traveled up through the walls to the roof very quickly,” said Shawn Howard, chief of the Skowhegan Fire Department.
Thankfully, everyone made it out safely, and several cats were rescued as well.
The Red Cross is assisting those who lived in the building.
No word yet on the cause.