LISBON – A man is recovering from bad burns After catching fire in Lisbon Falls.
First responders rushed to a home on Lisbon Street Tuesday night and found a 37-year-old man with what authorities call second degree burns.
Police said the man was intoxicated when he spilled lighter fluid on himself and then tried to light a cigarette.
Lisbon Fire Chief Sean Galipeau said “An individual who was lighting a cig. Basically set himself on fire after filling his lighter with butane so it had saturated his clothes and then ensued a fire after trying to light his cigarette. He had major burns on his rear end and down his leg the lighter fluid was in his back pocket and that’s what ignited.”
The man was taken to Central Maine Medical Center.