PASSADUMKEAG- A home in Passadumkeag is destroyed, leaving fire marshal’s trying to piece together what happened.
Just after nine o’clock Saturday night, the Passadumkeag Fire Department was called to a single trailer mobile home fire on Union Street.
Upon arrival, the home was fully engulfed in flames,
Crews were on scene for much of the night trying to get the fire completely contained, and they tell us that did not come without challenges.
“Tonight our biggest challenge was combating the cold and getting water here to combat the fire. We’re still shuttling water at this time,” said Chief Nick Rossignol with the Passadumkeag Fire Department.
At least eight crews assisted on that call, and one person was taken to the hospital with burns to the arm.
Initial reports suggest the fire may have been the result of a meth lab.
The fire marshal’s will be on scene tomorrow to continue investigating.