PASSADUMKEAG – A home in Passadumkeag was destroyed this weekend leaving fire marshal’s trying to piece together what happened.
Just after 9 p.m. Saturday night the Passadumkeag Fire Department was called to a single-trailer mobile home on Union Street. When they arrived the home was fully engulfed in flames.
Crews were on scene for much of the night trying to get the fire completely contained and they tell us that didn’t without challenges.
Passadumkeag Fire Chief Nick Rossignal said “Tonight our biggest challenge was combating the cold and getting water here to combat the fire. We’re still shuttling water at this time.”
At least eight crews assisted on that call and one person was taken to the hospital with burns.
Initial reports suggest the fire may have been the result of a meth lab.