HAMPDEN – A stove fire at an apartment complex in Hampden forced four apartments to evacuate on Maine Road South last night.
Officials said around 5 p.m. Monday a fire broke out when a tenant was cooking in a first floor apartment. They stated he was able to knock most of it down with a fire extinguisher.
Hampden fire responded to help to make sure it was all clear.
Firefighter Matthew Roope said “I don’t believe anyone will be displaced. We did have to turn off the power in the apartment for now and evaluate what kind of damage there was.”
Officials added the occupant who used the fire extinguisher was checked out for minor smoke inhalation, but no serious injuries were reported.