FRANKLIN – Multiple crews trying to save a house this morning while trying to put out a garage fire in Franklin.
Franklin Fire Chief Robert Grindle says firefighters from six towns responded to 58 Backwoods Road around 6:30 a.m.
Initial calls also spoke of an explosion that the chief thinks were propane tanks next to a chicken coop.
Firefighters worked quickly and focused much of their attention of saving the nearby house.
Chief Grindle said “With the house being about 10 ft. away, and it was all cedar shingles they were afraid that it would ignite. So they were keeping water on that while the were trying to extinguish and knock down the fire.”
The garage is a total loss as are the owners chickens and coop. Aside from a little charring, the home was spared.
There is no cause of the fire at this time and fire marshals will be investigating.