LEE – Jeff Sprowl is at Penobscot Valley Hospital being treated for smoke inhalation. His home, completely destroyed after a fire started when he fell asleep while smoking.
The blaze was on the Maxwell Road and was first noticed by an off duty member of the fire department.
“One of my firefighters see the smoke rising up from the other side of town and when he got here it was fully involved smoke was coming out and the roof was caving in. Intially we couldn’t fine the homeowner and we thought that he could be in there, but he was in the woods out back. He came out and we sent him to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation. He was pretty stressed out.” Chief Jay Crocker, Lee Fire Department
Fire Marshal’s’ will begin investigating the scene today.