STEUBEN -An improperly installed propane appliance sparked a fire that destroyed a mobile home, according to Steuben’s fire chief.
Firefighters were called to Augusta Drive in Steuben around 9:30 p.m. Tuesday.
They were back Wednesday morning to address rekindling.
The two people who live there got out okay, but they lost everything.
When our news team was on scene this morning, one of their family members was trying to see if anything was salvageable.
“I think the propane tank is what caused it…it’s pretty rough, right before Thanksgiving, you know, it sucks,” said Dave Pinkham.
The fire chief said the trailer had been rebuilt, which made it more difficult to contain the fire.
There has been a GoFundMe to help the family, which can be found here .
A number of crews from the surrounding area were called to the scene for assistance.