EAST MILLINOCKET – Investigators said a fire early Saturday morning at a High Street home most likely was accidental.
That was the word late Monday afternoon from East Millinocket fire Capt. Kevin Mcadam. The fire caused significant damage.
Mcadam said investigators with the state fire marshall’s office found a candle was left burning and may have caught nearby items on fire, ultimately igniting the entire house.
Firefighters credited working smoke detectors for the safety of two people who were inside. They were left homeless by the fire.