ORRINGTON – Everyone is safe following a fire in Orrington on Tuesday night.
Officials said a call for a fire at a home on Swetts Pond Road came in around 6 o’clock.
The fire was mostly contained to the laundry room, but did spread to the attic.
Orrington’s assistant fire chief, Chad Bean, said crews from several towns got to work right away and most of the items in the home were salvageable.
“The weather was a huge obstacle for us tonight,” said Bean on Tuesday. “It took crews significantly longer to get here. The road conditions are horrible, so if you could stay off the roads tonight, I would recommend it.”
We’re told the Red Cross is stepping in to assist the people living there.
As of now, no cause has been determined.