AUGUSTA – The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Maine now stands at 155, an increase of 13 from Wednesday, the director of the Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention said in his daily briefing Thursday.
In other coronavirus numbers, Dr. Nirav Shaw said that of the 155 patients who tested positive in Maine, 16 are healthcare workers.
Nearly half, or 49 percent of the total, are male and the other 51 percent are female, he said. The average age has been about 55, although the age range runs from under 10 years old to older than 90.
While 22 coronavirus patients in Maine have required hospitalization, 16 people who have contracted the illness have recovered.
One thing all Mainers can do to prepare is make sure they have an adequate supply of needed medication — ideally a 14-day or longer supply — so they will have them on hand should they be quarantined.
He said that should be done as soon as possible, even by those who do not live in a Maine county that has not yet had a confirmed case of coronavirus.
“Now is the time, even if your county is not on the list,” he said.
Watch ABC 7 News @ 6 for more details.