BANGOR – A North Carolina man was scheduled to appear in court Tuesday to let a judge approve of a plea agreement.
The agreement for Cyree Hansley fell through and the appearance was postponed but attorneys said that a new date has not been set yet.
Cyree Hansley is facing two charges after assaulting a 6-month-old boy from Orono in January 2019.
According to the affidavit, the baby boy suffered a skull fracture, multiple broken bones and had a stroke.
In the court document, the boy’s mother said the baby was injured on Jan. 10 when she left her child with Hansley.
She said the child was hospitalized for 20 days, 11 of them in the intensive care unit.
Last year the mother was granted a two-year protection order against Hansley. He was arrested shortly after the protection order hearing.